Sunday, April 23, 2017

Daily Sketch Day 16 - Horseplaying Zebras

Horseplaying Zebras
Still on my drawing horse week, I decided to vary things up a bit by drawing zebras, which are also of the equine species.  I don't remember having drawn much zebras before or it must have been when I was still very young and can't draw animals properly,  But now that I can, I just realized how helpful those zebra stripes are in indicating their three dimensional form.  One benefit of drawing is you're force to take a closer look at your subject as if for the first time and notice things you wouldn't normally have.  And I'm amazed at how those stripes really conforms to the zebras' body like construction lines.  Great visual cues for drawing.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...