Sunday, October 28, 2018

Head Drawing - Drawing Likeness Through Shapes

        In my last post, I mentioned taking a head drawing class, where in the first assignment, I learned to draw the proportions of a generic head in different angles.  The following week, using that generic head as the standard of measure, the lesson was about drawing the likeness of a famous face based on it's overall shape and silhouette.  Focusing only on the general shapes, the eyes and mouth were not drawn.  One should be able to tell whose likeness this is at this point. If not, there's no point in continuing.

        This was the first head of  twenty  I finished, which took me hours, if not more than a day, to get this to resemble my subject even remotely.    What do you think?



       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...