Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Head Drawing No. 4 - Can You Tell Who This Is?

        While the previous three head sketches (see here, here and here), had been a struggle and took each a day for me to finish, in this sketch I was able to do a quicker lay-in almost effortlessly.  This took less time that I was able to do two more head sketches after this,

       Could be that this head had a easily recognizable shapes, or  I'm getting used to this drawing method.  Either way, I delightfully realized that this method of constructing the head is effectively training me to focus on the general overall shapes first, ignoring the eyes and mouth for the meantime, while some likeness must be evident at this stage first, before proceeding to add the facial features and  final rendering.

          I'm liking my progress in this class thus far...
      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...