Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Head Drawing - Stan Lee (28Dec1922 - 12Nov.2018) R.I.P.

       Today, I learned of Stan Lee's passing at the ripe old age of 95 years.     I wasn't a Marvel comic reader. I was more of a Dennis the Menace, Snoopy, Garfield comics reader. Even if I'm not much of a comic book reader these days, nevertheless, some of the best movies and series I've enjoyed for the past decade or so, had been the Marvel superheroes like the Iron Man, Captain America, Spiderman, and the Daredevil. They were all based on comicbook characters created by Stan Lee.

       When I was still starting out to become an animator many years ago, I was terrible with drawing humans.  In fact, I was terrible in drawing from imagination, a crucial skill an animator needs to be able to animate different characters effectively.  One of the books that helped me draw people from imagination was the book, How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way by Stan Lee and John Buscema.  Even if the book was tailored for comicbook artists, the fundamental lessons were very much applicable to a budding animator like me at that time. 

         And so, in a small way, I'd like to pay tribute to Stan Lee, with this drawing.  May he rest in peace.
 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...