Friday, June 7, 2019

Figure Drawing Practice 011

      I really didn't know what I don't know prior to taking a figure drawing class.  I didn't understand anything about value grouping, limiting the value range, shape designing, and the different edges. All these components, I now realized, would be building blocks I would need when I eventually transition to  painting in color.    But for now, learning to understand values, shape design, and edges, together with a good lay-in and a good rendering, are enough to keep me busy for months.

    Here's one of my assignment submissions. There was a few more finishing notes I got from my art instructor, that I need to consider in my future work. But I'm quite pleased with what I've done here.


Model Reference from Croquis Cafe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, would love to hear from you ...